Nine gold medals from the Food Test Centre of the German Agricultural Society (DLG) confirm the top quality of Frierss specialities.
Once again, the Frierss family has been awarded with the annual DLG Gold medal for the top quality of its sausage and ham specialities with the highest award:
- Carinthian mountain salami "Kärntner Bergsalami", traditionally smoked over beech wood, matured for ten weeks in mountain air and convincing every connoisseur with its hearty spicy taste.
- Original Kärntner Hauswürstel, the original with a light peppery note that is well known far beyond the borders. A fine special sausage with a particularly high proportion of beef, which is one of the most popular classic sausages with a delicately spicy taste.
- Frierss Mortadella, which for 75 years has been made from the best Austrian pork, refined with fine natural spices and traditionally roasted in hot air.
- Frierss Prosciutto Castello, which is massaged with pure sea salt and matures for at least 14 months in the mountain air until it develops its full flavour: perfectly marbled, mild with a slightly sweet note, which reminds gourmets of the scent of fine chestnuts.
There was also gold for classic Carinthian specialities from Frierss such as the particularly tender Carinthian bacon matured for 4 months and the rustic Carinzia block.
The Frierss family is particularly proud of the highest award for their latest product innovations:
- Truffle mortadella with a fine truffle note
- Fennel salami that matures in noble mould for at least 3 months until it develops its full flavour.
This award is only given to products which meet the strict DLG quality criteria such as careful raw material selection, optimum processing and preparation, attractive appearance, good consistency, pleasant smell and best taste at the highest level.
Rudolf Frierss: "119 years of experience, local quality meat and traditional processing according to family recipes guarantee the best quality and excellent taste."
The Villach family business Frierss is managed by the fifth generation and is regarded as the delicatessen specialist in Austria. With its high-quality sausage and ham specialities, the traditional company with 120 employees succeeds in asserting itself successfully in the national competition in the delicatessen counters. Frierss specialities also offer the highest culinary delights in export markets like Germany, Switzerland, Italy, Holland and Japan.
Product innovation winner prize for Frierss truffle mortadella
The Frierss family was awarded the most important innovation prize for meat and sausage products in Austria, so called "product champion" at this year's AMA meat forum in Feldkirch with its truffle mortadella.