Smoked sausage specialty in block form, hand-crafted and aged 8 weeks in the mountain air. Zesty.
This smoked sausage specialty is hand-crafted from the best, local beef and pork. Refined with delicate spices, the Karawanken Block is smoked over beechwood. Afterwards it ages for 8 weeks in the clear mountain air. Its distinctive features are its harmoniously-zesty taste, its choice cut, and its square form.
|1080||Karawankenblock||1 pc. v.p.||approx. 1,40 kg||60 days|
|1081||Karawankenblock 1/2||1/2 pc. v.p.||approx. 0,70 kg||60 days|
|6080||Karwankenblock scliced||MAP||leveled 100g||28 days|
Storage temperature: cooled at +2°C to +6°C.
|- of which saturates:||14 g|
|- of which sugar:||1,4 g|
gluten-free and laktose-free
free from dyes
free from flavor enhancers
Frierss is regarded throughout Austria as a prime example of the highest salami artisanry. The Frierss family has been cultivating this traditional craft since 1898 and has twice been honored with the golden winner's trophy in the smoked sausage category at the SÜFFA competition, most recently in 2014. Year after year the excellent quality of our products is rewarded with gold medals from DLG, the German Agricultural Society. With the utmost care, experienced salami artisans produce first-class Carinthian mountain salami, Carinthian smoked sausage, original Carinthian house sausage, and much more in our family business in Villach.
What makes the smoked sausage specialities at Frierss so unique?
1. Only the best, local beef and pork are used. The Frierss family puts its faith in quality meat from small-scale farmers in Carinthia, Styria, and Upper Austria.
2. The secret to the special taste lies primarily in the traditional spice mixtures, the better part of which are well-preserved family recipes from our grandfather’s time. Just like then, the spices are hand-selected and mixed today in house.
3. According to the old Carinthian tradition, the salami is smoked over low-resin, natural beechwood and flavorful juniper berries.
4. The salami ages for at least 8 to 12 weeks to achieve its full aroma. The clear Carinthian mountain air with its slightly Mediterranean flair offers optimal conditions for aging. During the maturation process the utmost care and precise monitoring are required to meet Frierss’ high-quality standards.
5. Only when the maturation test has been passed and the strictest quality criteria are met does the mountain salami get the Frierss’ seal of approval! Wherever you see Frierss, you know there is quality inside. Year after year our salami receives national and international awards such as those from DLG, ÖVA, and SÜFFA among others, proving its outstanding quality!