Austria's traditional salami, hand-crafted and aged in the mountain air for 10 weeks. Zesty.
Our experienced salami artisans at Frierss use the best 100% local beef and pork to craft this first-class smoked sausage according to tradition and original Carinthian recipes. The secret of the Carinthian mountain salami lies in the special spice mixture, which is mixed in house according to a well-kept family recipe. Carinthian mountain salami is smoked carefully over beechwood and flavorful juniper berries before it is aged for at least 10 weeks. Its distinction lies in its pure, savory taste with wonderfully-fine pepper notes. The greatest salami indulgence!
TIP: Excellent for the classic cold cut tray, in sandwiches, or finely chopped as part of savory delicatessen trays.
|154||Carinthian mountain salami||1 pc. v.p.||approx. 1,00 kg||60 days|
|5154||Carinthian mountain salami||1 pc. MAP||leveled 500g||60 days|
|5155||Carinthian mountain salami 1/2||1/2 pc. v.p.||leveled 500g||60 days|
|6154||Carinthian giant mountain salami||1 pc. MAP||approx. 2,00 kg||60 days|
|6054||Carinthian mountain salami||MAP||leveled 100g||42 days|
|3154||Carinthian mountain salami||MAP||leveled 250g||42 days|
Storage temperature: at room temperature up to 22°C ι Sliced products cooled at +2°C to +6°C.
|- of which saturates:||14,3 g|
|- of which sugar:||0,5 g|
Gold-Medal of DLG 2019, 2017, 2016, 2015 und 2014
Gold-Medal Internationaler Fachwettbewerb für Fleisch- und Wurstwaren ÖFA Wels 2018
Gold-Medal IFFA Internationale Qualitätswettbewerbe des Deutschen Fleischer-Verbandes 2019
Gold-Medal at international competition of raw sausages at SÜFFA 2014
Frierss is regarded throughout Austria as a prime example of the highest salami artisanry. The Frierss family has been cultivating this traditional craft since 1898 and has twice been honored with the golden winner's trophy in the smoked sausage category at the SÜFFA competition, most recently in 2014. Year after year the excellent quality of our products is rewarded with gold medals from DLG, the German Agricultural Society. With the utmost care, experienced salami artisans produce first-class Carinthian mountain salami, Carinthian smoked sausage, original Carinthian house sausage, and much more in our family business in Villach.
What makes the smoked sausage specialities at Frierss so unique?
1. Only the best, local beef and pork are used. The Frierss family puts its faith in quality meat from small-scale farmers in Carinthia, Styria, and Upper Austria.
2. The secret to the special taste lies primarily in the traditional spice mixtures, the better part of which are well-preserved family recipes from our grandfather’s time. Just like then, the spices are hand-selected and mixed today in house.
3. According to the old Carinthian tradition, the salami is smoked over low-resin, natural beechwood and flavorful juniper berries.
4. The salami ages for at least 8 to 12 weeks to achieve its full aroma. The clear Carinthian mountain air with its slightly Mediterranean flair offers optimal conditions for aging. During the maturation process the utmost care and precise monitoring are required to meet Frierss’ high-quality standards.
5. Only when the maturation test has been passed and the strictest quality criteria are met does the mountain salami get the Frierss’ seal of approval! Wherever you see Frierss, you know there is quality inside. Year after year our salami receives national and international awards such as those from DLG, ÖVA, and SÜFFA among others, proving its outstanding quality!