Traditionally hand-crafted bacon and aged for 12 weeks in the mountain air. Smokey and aromatic.
Only choice 100% Austrian pork is traditionally processed for this Carinthian belly bacon specialty. Hand-salted according to tradition and refined with fine natural spices, the Carinthian "Chateau" bacon is smoked over beechwood. It then ages for another twelve weeks in the clear mountain air of the Gegend valley until its unmistakable, finely-smoky flavor unfolds. The typical Carinthian bacon for our Classic Cold Cut Tray!
|43||Carinthian Chateau bacon in slabs||1 pc. v.p.||approx. 5,00 kg||90 days|
|2043||Carinthian Chateau bacon in sclices||1 pc. v.p.||approx. 200g||60 days|
|energy:||1805 kJ / 436 kcal|
|- of which saturates:||15,5 g|
|- of which sugar:||0,5 g|
laktose-free and gluten-free
fre from dyes
free from flavour enhancers
Bacon and cured ham have a long tradition in Carinthia. The Frierss family has been cultivating this traditional craft since 1898.
In Treffen near Villach, in a special cured ham factory, the master chefs produce first-class Carinthian bacon "Kärntner Schinkenspeck", Carinthian pancetta "Kärntner Bauchspeck", and "Schloss-Speck".
What makes our bacon so special?
1. Only the best quality meat from animal-friendly farmers is processed in the Frierss’ bacon & cured ham specialties. The Frierss family puts its faith in small-scale enterprises in Carinthia, Styria, and Upper Austria. Only fine, marbled ham with a tender fatty edge is selected and cut to our exact specifications.
2. The ham is traditionalley hand-salted and rubbed with topnotch spices. Most of our spice blends are well-kept family recipes from our grandfather's time. Just as in the olden times, the spices are hand-picked and mixed in house. The ham is then marinated in these special blends for three to four weeks.
3. According to the old Carinthian tradition, the ham is smoked over particularly low-resin, natural beechwood.
4. For at least three to four months, the ham matures in the clear mountain air of the Gegend valley, which, in combination with the mild lake air, produces optimal conditions for aging. The Frierss family thereby gives the ham as much time as it needs to develop its full taste. During the maturation process, the ham loses more than a third of its original weight.
5. Only when the maturation test has been passed and the strictest quality criteria are met, this bacon gets the Frierss’ seal of approval! Wherever you see Frierss, you know there is quality inside.