Austria's best bacon. Traditionally hand-crafted and aged in the mountain air for 4 months. Especially mild and tender.
A bacon of the highest quality from Carinthia, where bacon has a long tradition. Only fine, marbled ham with a tender fatty edge is used for this specialty. Hand-salted according to old tradition and refined with natural spices, this Carinthian bacon specialty is smoked over beechwood. Finally, the bacon is aged for 4 months in the clear mountain air until its full flavor is realized. Connoisseurs and aficionados will appreciate this first-class Carinthian bacon, which is mild in taste and especially tender - a real indulgence!
Tip: Carinthian smoked ham bacon is excellent as part of the classic cold cut tray and combines beautifully with Carinthian mountain salami or our original Carinthian house sausage. It is also an ideal ingredient in the kitchen. Why not give it a try in Carinthian bacon dumplings?
|52||Carinthian smoked ham bacon in slabs||1 pc. v.p.||approx. 4,00 kg||90 days|
|1052||Carinthian smoked ham bacon 1/2||1/2 pc. v.p.||approx. 2,00 kg||60 days|
|1507||Carinthian smoked ham bacon without sward||1 pc. v.p.||approx. 1,80 kg||60 days|
|2052||Carinthian smoked ham bacon 1/4||1/4 pc. v.p.||approx. 0,70 kg||60 days|
|6052||Carinthian smoked ham bacon||MAP||leveled 100g||42 days|
|3052||Carinthian smoked ham bacon||MAP||approx. 500g||42 days|
|5570||Smoked bacon cubes||MAP||leveled 500g||60 days|
|energy:||1143 kJ / 273 kcal|
|- of which saturates:||6 g|
|- of which sugar:||0,9 g|
Gold-Medal of DLG 2018 and 2017
Gold-Medal of international competition of cured ham at SÜFFA 2014
laktose-free and gluten-free
free from dyes
free from flavour enhancers
Bacon and cured ham have a long tradition in Carinthia. The Frierss family has been cultivating this traditional craft since 1898.
In Treffen near Villach, in a special cured ham factory, the master chefs produce first-class Carinthian bacon "Kärntner Schinkenspeck", Carinthian pancetta "Kärntner Bauchspeck", and "Schloss-Speck".
What makes our bacon so special?
1. Only the best quality meat from animal-friendly farmers is processed in the Frierss’ bacon & cured ham specialties. The Frierss family puts its faith in small-scale enterprises in Carinthia, Styria, and Upper Austria. Only fine, marbled ham with a tender fatty edge is selected and cut to our exact specifications.
2. The ham is traditionalley hand-salted and rubbed with topnotch spices. Most of our spice blends are well-kept family recipes from our grandfather's time. Just as in the olden times, the spices are hand-picked and mixed in house. The ham is then marinated in these special blends for three to four weeks.
3. According to the old Carinthian tradition, the ham is smoked over particularly low-resin, natural beechwood.
4. For at least three to four months, the ham matures in the clear mountain air of the Gegend valley, which, in combination with the mild lake air, produces optimal conditions for aging. The Frierss family thereby gives the ham as much time as it needs to develop its full taste. During the maturation process, the ham loses more than a third of its original weight.
5. Only when the maturation test has been passed and the strictest quality criteria are met, this bacon gets the Frierss’ seal of approval! Wherever you see Frierss, you know there is quality inside.