Hand-crafted bacon, according to tradition and aged for 12 weeks in the mountain air. Delicately aromatic.
This Carinthian Belly Bacon is made from the best, local pork according to traditional methods. Good Carinthian Belly Bacon is finely laced with some fat; so, too, is that of Frierrs. Traditionally hand-salted, this bacon is refined with natural spices. Fragrant bay leaves, flavorful juniper berries, pepper and a little salt harmonize perfectly. Smoked gently over beechwood, the Carinthian Belly Bacon ages for 12 weeks in the clear Carinthian mountain air.
|44||Carinthian belly bavon||1 pc. v.p.||approx. 2,20 kg||90 days|
|1044||Carinthian belly bacon 1/2||1/2 pc. v.p.||approx. 1,10 kg||60 days|
|1509||Carinthian belly bacon without sward 1/2||1/2 pc. v.p.||approx. 1,00 kg||60 days|
|6044||Carinthian belly bacon||MAP||leveled 100g||42 days|
Storage temperature: at room temperature up to 22°C ι Sliced products cooled at +2°C to +6°C.
|energy:||2054 kJ / 497 kcal|
|- of which saturates:||18 g|
|- of which sugar:||0,8 g|
free from dyes
free from flavour enhancers
Bacon and cured ham have a long tradition in Carinthia. The Frierss family has been cultivating this traditional craft since 1898.
In Treffen near Villach, in a special cured ham factory, the master chefs produce first-class Carinthian bacon "Kärntner Schinkenspeck", Carinthian pancetta "Kärntner Bauchspeck", and "Schloss-Speck".
What makes our bacon so special?
1. Only the best quality meat from animal-friendly farmers is processed in the Frierss’ bacon & cured ham specialties. The Frierss family puts its faith in small-scale enterprises in Carinthia, Styria, and Upper Austria. Only fine, marbled ham with a tender fatty edge is selected and cut to our exact specifications.
2. The ham is traditionalley hand-salted and rubbed with topnotch spices. Most of our spice blends are well-kept family recipes from our grandfather's time. Just as in the olden times, the spices are hand-picked and mixed in house. The ham is then marinated in these special blends for three to four weeks.
3. According to the old Carinthian tradition, the ham is smoked over particularly low-resin, natural beechwood.
4. For at least three to four months, the ham matures in the clear mountain air of the Gegend valley, which, in combination with the mild lake air, produces optimal conditions for aging. The Frierss family thereby gives the ham as much time as it needs to develop its full taste. During the maturation process, the ham loses more than a third of its original weight.
5. Only when the maturation test has been passed and the strictest quality criteria are met, this bacon gets the Frierss’ seal of approval! Wherever you see Frierss, you know there is quality inside.