Raw ham speciality refined with garden herbs. Matured for 4 months, Delicately spicy.
This first-class raw ham refined with a delicate herbal mixture promises an extraordinary taste experience. The secret of its premium taste is on the one hand the special herb mixture and on the other hand its special manufacture - this raw ham is refined by hand. An ingenious selection that ranges from fine yarrow to spicy marigold. Then this raw ham matures for 4 months in our raw ham factory in Treffen am Ossiachersee. The special thermals in the Carinthian Gegendtal, where cool mountain air from the Nockberge meets moist, mild air, create a perfect ripening climate to develop its first-class taste. This raw ham novelty convinces connoisseurs with a particularly mild and delicately spicy taste with subtle herbal notes.
Tip: Carinthian raw ham refined with garden herbs is excellent as part of the classic cold cut tray and could be combined perfectly with Carinthian mountain salami or our original Carinthian house sausage.
|1088||Carinthian raw ham garden herbs 1/2||v.p.||approx. 1,8 kg||60 days|
|2088||Carinthian raw ham garden herbs 1/4||v.p.||approx. 0,6 kg||60 days|
|energy:||1143 kJ / 273 kcal|
|- of which saturates:||6 g|
|- of which sugar:||0,9 g|
Austrian Product of the year 2019
Gold-Medal of DLG 2019
Gold-Medal IFFA Internationale Qualitätswettbewerbe des Deutschen Fleischer-Verbandes 2019
Bacon and cured ham have a long tradition in Carinthia. The Frierss family has been cultivating this traditional craft since 1898.
In Treffen near Villach, in a special cured ham factory, the master chefs produce first-class Carinthian bacon "Kärntner Schinkenspeck", Carinthian pancetta "Kärntner Bauchspeck", and "Schloss-Speck".
What makes our bacon so special?
1. Only the best quality meat from animal-friendly farmers is processed in the Frierss’ bacon & cured ham specialties. The Frierss family puts its faith in small-scale enterprises in Carinthia, Styria, and Upper Austria. Only fine, marbled ham with a tender fatty edge is selected and cut to our exact specifications.
2. The ham is traditionalley hand-salted and rubbed with topnotch spices. Most of our spice blends are well-kept family recipes from our grandfather's time. Just as in the olden times, the spices are hand-picked and mixed in house. The ham is then marinated in these special blends for three to four weeks.
3. According to the old Carinthian tradition, the ham is smoked over particularly low-resin, natural beechwood.
4. For at least three to four months, the ham matures in the clear mountain air of the Gegend valley, which, in combination with the mild lake air, produces optimal conditions for aging. The Frierss family thereby gives the ham as much time as it needs to develop its full taste. During the maturation process, the ham loses more than a third of its original weight.
5. Only when the maturation test has been passed and the strictest quality criteria are met, this bacon gets the Frierss’ seal of approval! Wherever you see Frierss, you know there is quality inside.